The Huawei MediaPad X2 is in no way a flagship device worthy of much attention. At least that is the case on its stock and somewhat bloated ROM. That of course can be easily fixed by rooting the device and simply getting rid of all unnecessary programs once and for all. So, if you do own a MediaPad X2, today is your lucky day as we will teach you how to root it with ease.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages done to your device either during or after the process, please proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: The process requires a bootloader unlock, so before you do that, please make a backup of your phone’s storage. You will need to have Minimal ADB & Fastboot set up on your computer before you proceed.
- First of all write an e-mail to Huawei with the following message:
Hello. I keep getting an error when trying to unlock my phone on the unlock page.
Model: GEM-703L (Or whatever model you have)
Serial: Put in your phones serial number here. (You get this in About phone, Status)
IMEI: Put in your phones IMEI number here. (You get this in About phone, Status, it’s IMEI1)
Product ID: (Go into your phone dialer and dial *#*#1357946#*#* and it will give you your Product ID)
Thank you for your help
(Your name here)
- Wait a few days for the unlock code to arrive, once it does, download this file
- Connect your phone to the computer and boot into the bootloader via adb (adb reboot bootloader) or by turning the phone on while holding the power and vol. down key.
- Double click the Unlock.bat file in the folder you downloaded and select option 3.
- Disconnect your phone from the computer and type in the code you received from Huawei to unlock your device’s bootloader
- Download Update-SuperSU.zip from here and place it on your phone’s memory
- Download TWRP from here, rename it to recovery.img and place it in the Fastboot folder
- Connect your phone in bootloader mode again and type the following command in the CMD window: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img” to flash twrp to your phone
- Type “fastboot reboot” to reboot your phone. As soon as the phone turns on, turn it off and press and hold the power + vol. up key till you see the TWRP screen.
- Once in TWRP, tap Install (second option in the top row), find the Update-SuperSU folder and double tap it.
- Swipe where it says to confirm installation and then tap reboot system
That’s it, you will now have a rooted Mediapad X2.