The thing about OEM’s OTA update is that they usually are very slow and take a lot of time before the firmware reaches your country and more specifically your phone. Most notable example would be the awaited release of Android KitKat update by Samsung for their flagship device i.e. Galaxy S4 which is still to be officially released. Now those of you with a keen eye may notice that I used the word officially with emphasis. Yes, today we bring you the leaked version of Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy S4. To get Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy S4 (at least the leaked version) just follow the simple guide given below.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process. So proceed at your own risk. Also do remember that this is a leaked version of the ROM, therefore it may have some non-working and/or fewer features than the full version which is still to be announced.
Prerequisites: You will require Odin installed on your computer. You can grab the latest version of Odin from here.
- Download the firmware file from here
- Open Odin and restart your phone in download mode (restart while holding Home + Power + Vol. down buttons) and connect your phone to the PC via a USB cable
- Wait until you get a blue sign in the GUI of Odin.
- Add I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md 5 to AP and make sure the re-partition option is NOT ticked.
- Click start button and wait for Odin to do its thing.
- Restart your device, if you encounter any bootloops or errors simply boot into your phone’s recovery (restart while pressing Home + Power + Vol. Up buttons) and do a factory reset (which will no doubt erase all of your personal data from your phone)
- Reboot from recovery and you’re done.
Now that you have Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy S4, you may want to root your device as well to get the full power of your phone. In order to do that simply follow the simple steps below:
- Download CF Auto Root from here and extract the .zip file
- Flash the downloaded file in the same way you flashed the above update i.e. by using Odin.
That’s it people go ahead and enjoy the goodness of Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy S4. Happy updating everybody.
Courtesy of: Sam Mobile