The real beauty of Android is its freedom. This freedom is not only reflected in the Android platform but also its affiliated OS like Android Wear. The fact that any manufacturer can potentially make a smart watch by using Android Wear makes this a beautiful platform. We have already seen some amazing smart watches by Motorola, LG and even Huawei. Almost every major manufacturer will be bringing new smart watches by using Android Wear as an easy and universal watch platform.
That’s not all we have seen watches from TAG Heuer and Fossil’s Q Founder as well. Much like Android, Android Wear allows complete freedom to use any watch face you want with your smart watch. I think changing the watch face according to your dress is the best way to go. If you are into brands, Google is introducing some new watch faces designed by iconic fashion brands. Here are the details:
- Ted Baker: Reveal your sophisticated side with ten gorgeous designs.
- Melissa Joy Manning: Rock a different birthstone for every month of the year.
- Vivienne Tam: Tap Opera Girl to see her twirl, take a selfie, and more.
- Nicole Miller: Stay on track and in style with Nicole Miller’s pop art.
- Y-3: Sport the styles of Yohji Yamamoto, inspired by the beauty of human movement.
- Mango: Add instant chic to any outfit with this ready-to-wear watch face.
- Zoe Jordan: Free your time of clutter with the clean lines of modern design.
- Harajuku Kawaii!: Express your playful side with this adorable and vibrant watch face.
- ASICS: Motivate yourself to stay active with the help of your fitness buddy.
Android users will be able to download the watch faces from Google Play store directly. iPhone lovers will have to wait a little while to get the watch faces. I personally don’t know any of these listed brands because I’m kind of a poor guy who just don’t divulge in big brands. I only know Polo and Levi’s and that’s about it.
Google Play Link: Watch Faces