Great news for all ROM and CyanogenMod lovers as CM 10.2 Nightly has finally started rolling out for supported devices. Now you will be able to enjoy everything you ever loved about CM ROMs on Android 4.3. As of now, the ROM is only available for certain devices but as time passes support for other devices will be added.
This is indeed great news for all Nightly ROMs fans and even if Get.CM page doesn’t have your device added yet, just hold on patiently as more devices are being added with each passing moment. That being said, it is also a great opportunity for all Nexus 7 (2013) owners to put something custom on their devices as the first CM Nightly ROM for the new Nexus 7 is also included in this rollout.
If you are interested in how to put these ROMs into your Android device, well the procedure is quite simple. Of course you will require custom recovery but all of that are minor details that all Custom ROM users already know of. We would recommend that you prepare a backup of your current ROM just in case something goes wrong or if the new version of Android is something you really don’t like (though we hardly think the latter would be a problem).
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process, so proceed at your own risk.
- Download the ROM for your device from here.
- Download the latest version of gApps from here
- Put these files into the SD card of your phone
- Boot into recovery (either manually or by using adb – “adb reboot recovery”)
- Flash the ROM files follows by gApps from your SD card.
- Clear Cache and do a Factory Reset.
- Reboot and there you have it, you are all done.
Happy ROMing everybody.
Nightly Link: Get.CM
GApps Link: Click here