Looks like we’ve got yet another updated Google Play Store APK that’s not rolling out to everyone and the one that doesn’t brings with it any changes or new features but only updates to newer version number.
Normally that doesn’t bother us since we’ve seen plenty of such updates to the Play Store App, but a jump to version 3.10.9 without any significant changes is slightly weird.
Anyway, there’s one thing we did notice though. The newly leaked Play Store APK asks the following location permissions:
- Approximate location (network-based)
- Precise location (GPS and network-based)
Other than that there are absolutely no noticeable changes in the app. No new UI or features. Just a plain version upgraded Play Store APK file it is.
Read on for download links and installation guide (for noobs)
How to Install Play Store APK 3.10.9
- Let’s begin with downloading the Google Play Store APK 3.10.9. Filename: gplay3109.apk
- Transfer the Google Play Store APK file to phone if you downloaded it on PC and remember the location.
- In order to install an app using its installation file in .apk format from phone’s sdcard or internal memory, you first need to enable that from settings. For this, if you are on Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich and above, go to Settings » Security and enable ‘Unknown Sources’. For Android 2.3 and below, go to Settings » Application » enable the ‘Unknown Sources’ .
- You will need a file explorer to go to folder where you downloaded APK on phone or transferred it from PC. We would recommend the Solid Explorer App, however any file manager would do fine. Now, open the file explorer app and go to folder where you downloaded/transferred the Google Play Store APK file. (Btw, if you downloaded it on phone, it should be in Download folder).
- Now, tap on the Google Play Store APK file – gplay3109.apk – to begin installation and you will be done in less than a minute.
Google Play Store APK Installation Screenshots
Oh yes! That’s the installation screen for side-loading apps on Android 4.2. Nice, isn’t it?