Just a couple of days ago we broke the news of the leaked Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware for Galaxy S4. Now following that story, it seems like the good people at Sam Mobile are at it again as they have managed to leak Android 4.4.2 for Note 3 as well only to be followed by the official release of the firmware by Samsung in Poland. For those of us who love Android this was kind of expected as the S4 and Note 3 are quite relatable to each other in terms of hardware and well the fact that they both serve as the flagship of the same company. Anyhow, if you’re interested in grabbing the latest TouchWiz Android 4.4.2 for Note 3, then all you have to do is follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages done to your device either during or after the process. So proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will require Odin installed on your computer (if you don’t have it, you can grab it from here).
- Download the .zip file of Android 4.4.2 for Note 3 from here and extract it.
- Run Odin and restart your phone in download mode (restart while pressing the power + home + vol. down key)
- Connect your phone to the computer and wait for the blue light in Odin to go off to indicate that your device has been detected.
- Add AP_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_N9005XXUENA6_340325_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_N9005XXUENA2_REV03_CL1277177.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXX_N9005OXXENA5_327209_REV03_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Wait for Odin to work its magic. If you encounter any bootloops just boot into your phone’s recovery (restart while holding the power + home + vol. up keys) and do a full factory wipe/reset.
Now that you have Android 4.4.2 for Note 3, you may want to think about rooting your device to enjoy all the special apps on the Play Store that require a rooted device. In order to achieve root on your Note 3, follow the steps below
- Download the SuperSU.zip file from here
- Boot into your device’s recovery after placing the downloaded file on your phone’s SD card.
- Select the “Apply update from .zip file” and flash in SuperSU to achieve root.
That’s it, you now not only have Android 4.4.2 for Note 3 but you will also have managed to get root privileges on your device as well. Happy flashing everybody.
Courtesy: Sam Mobile