Sony Xperia Z2 comes with many new features that frankly make the old Sony flagships hide in shame. One of those great features has to be the enhanced music experience you can enjoy thanks to the dual stereo speakers built into the phone. While the speakers are great and everything, Sony unfortunately forgot to include the option to make them available for ringtones, calls etc. If you’re a person who just finds that annoying and can’t really wait for a fix, then you will be glad to know that you can finally fix that problem, thanks to a mod introduced by olokos (XDA Senior Member).
The mod in question not only provides the option to use the stereo speakers for your ringtones and notifications, but it also allows you to use the feature in call (i.e. if you decide to put the call on speaker phone). Now there are two mods, one which apart from all of the previously mentioned tweaks will also give your headphones a little boost while the other chooses to bypass that option. In any case, after you do make a choice, just follow our simple guide below to get started.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process, proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will require a custom recovery installed on your device to be able to flash the mod to your phone.
- Download either the headphone boost mod or the only speaker boost mod
- Place the downloaded file onto your phone
- Boot into your phone’s custom recovery by restarting the device while holding the power + vol. down key
- Flash the mod from the custom recovery by choosing the “install from SD card” option or its equivalent (depending upon your recovery)
- Reboot your device and enjoy
That’s about it folks, hope you enjoy a good loud experience.