I think by this point in time, we have firmly established that Odin is not really the perfect flashing software as it comes with its fair share of errors and headaches. Of course, almost all of those errors are easily solvable provided you understand exactly why the error is occurring. We did somewhat of a comprehensive guide on most of those errors that can be found here but as we mentioned before, these were only a few of the errors which you may encounter while using Odin. Today, we will elaborate on that guide a bit more by helping you learn how to fix the “Odin Downloader has Stopped Working” Error.
This error arises whenever you click the Start button to flash your Samsung device and results in Odin simply crashing. Of course, since Odin crashes before any flashing is done, your phone doesn’t get bricked or anything but it also means that you won’t be able perform the task you set out to till you fix this error. So, why does this error occur? Well, this usually occurs whenever you have a PC that lacks the necessary .dll files. These files can be obtained by installing the C++ Redistributable package, if you don’t know how to do that, just follow the simple steps given below.
- Determine whether your Windows is 64 bit or 32 bit by checking the Properties of My Computer.
- For 32 bit systems, download the 2008 and 2010 packages, and install them.
- For 64 bit systems, download this file and this one. Once downloaded, simply run them to install
- Reboot your PC, just to be safe.
- Now run Odin and flash away, this SHOULD technically fix the Odin Downloader has Stopped Working Error.
If for some reason the above guide doesn’t work for you, just tell us in the comment section below so we can try to fix your problem and/or update the guide accordingly.