The OnePlus Two didn’t really enjoy that much attention in the spotlight as its predecessor but it is still a great device and definitely worth being counted among the top Android smart phones. That being said, we won’t blame you if you really wanted to breathe some new life into your OnePlus Two by flashing in a custom ROM, in fact we encourage it which is why today we will be teaching you how to do that.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process, please proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will be required to
- Have USB Debugging enabled on your Phone
- Have OEM Unlocking enabled from the Developers Menu on your Phone
- Have a backup of any data you want to save as this procedure will cause a data wipe
- Have the required drivers downloaded and installed on your computer
- Have adb & fastboot set up on your computer
- Open a CMD window in the folder containing adb and fastboot binaries
- Connect your phone to the computer and type: “adb reboot bootloader” to boot into the phone’s bootloader
- Once there, type: “fastboot oem unlock” to unlock your bootloader
- Download the TWRP custom recovery for your phone from here
- Place the downloaded file in the folder containing adb and rename it to rec.img for convenience.
- Type: “fastboot flash recovery rec.img” to flash the recovery to your phone
- Now you will have two choices, either you can boot into the recovery directly to make it stick or you can simply type: “fastboot boot rec.img” to boot the image from the computer. In either case, make sure that you DO boot into the recovery at least once before booting normally otherwise the recovery would not stick and you will be stuck with the stock recovery.
That’s it, you will now have a custom TWRP recovery on your OnePlus Two