While news and developer versions of Android L float about, there are OEMs out there that are still trying to bring their devices up to date by releasing the Android 4.4.3 version to their devices, never mind the Android 4.4.4. Given that this particular version of the firmware was only released a couple of weeks ago, it’s truly a breath of fresh air to see companies like LG push the OTAs out so quickly. So if you own a LG G Pad Google Play Store Edition (GPe), today is your lucky day as we have the latest OTA for your sideloading pleasure (courtesy of XDA Developers).
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages to your device that might occur either during or after the process, so proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will require to be on the stock, unmodified ROM along with a stock recovery to match. You will also require Android SDK (namely adb binary) installed on your computer as well. You can download Android SDK from here
- Download the OTA from here which will convert your firmware version to KTU84P from KOT49H
- Boot into the recovery (you will first boot into the fastboot menu and from there have to make your way to the recovery by holding power + vol. down + home key)
- Look for the option that says “sideload from adb” and select that option
- Place the downloaded file in the folder containing adb and open a cmd window in that folder
- Type “adb sideload filename.zip” to flash the OTA to your phone
That’s about it, you will now have successfully flashed the Android 4.4.4 OTA to your LG G Pad GPe. Once that’s done, simply restart your device and enjoy the nominal changes that are supposed to hold you off till the actual consumer release of Android L.