With Android 6.0 being released on Nexus devices, it was only a matter of time before developers started dishing out custom ROMs based on the OS for various other devices. Of course, since this is still quite a bit early to have a stable ROM, there are some of us out there who just love to experiment with their devices. Keeping that in mind, if you do own OnePlus One and are looking to try out a flashy new 6.0 custom ROM for your device, today is your lucky day as OmniROM has done just that.
The ROM in question is experimental as of this moment and might come with quite a few bugs. For now, even the developer is unsure about most of them and only managed to state one known bug with ROM, which is that the device reboots every now and then on its own. If that doesn’t scare you, then go ahead and follow our simple guide below to get OmniROM Android 6.0 Custom ROM on your OnePlus One.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process. Please proceed at your own risk.
You will need to have
- TWRP custom recovery installed on your phone
- A Nandroid backup of your stock ROM (just in case something goes wrong or if you want to return back to stock).
- Android ADB & Fastboot installed on your computer as well as having adb debugging enabled on your phone (Not Necessary).
- Download the ROM from here and place it on your phone’s memory
- Boot into TWRP custom recovery either via adb (by using the command: “adb reboot recovery”) or by using the hardware key combo.
- Tap Advanced and do a full data, cache and dalvik cache wipe
- Tap Install, find and tap the ROM’s .zip file you downloaded on your phone and swipe to confirm
- Reboot phone once the installation is completed.
- If the phone bootloops, reboot back into recovery and do a cache and dalvik cache wipe again.
That’s it, you will now have Android 6.0 Custom ROM on your phone.