The Optimus G Pro F240 is a high-end phablet manufactured by LG, to compete with Samsung’s Galaxy Note 2, and was released a month ago in their home market – South Korea. It features a 5.5 inch stunning FullHD 1080p display, Qualcomm’s 1.7GHz Snapdragon 600 quad-core processor, a 13-megapixel rear camera, 2.1-megapixel front-facing camera and a removable 3,140mAh battery. It also includes LTE connectivity and 32GB of internal storage along with a microSD card slot for memory expansion.
As you can clearly see, the LG Optimus G Pro sports top tier specs, and is a powerful smartphone which ranks right up there with the best of the best. For most users, the power offered by these kid of specs would more than suffice for day to day usage. However, if you happen to be the type who is just not happy with generic stock functionality, then the only way to extend the power and functionality of the device is by rooting it.
If you have already crossed over to the dark side and rooted your device, and are now looking to install a custom recovery to be able to try some custom ROMs on this sweet device, here’s a detailed set of instructions which will guide you through the process of installing Clockworkmod recovery or CWM – one of the most popular and feature packed custom recoveries in the Android ecosystem. Just having root access to your device is not enough if you want to realize its full potential.
Installing a custom recovery is an essential requirement so as to be able to flash Custom firmware and custom kernels, which are pre-tweaked by their developers to give you a more customized experience with additional features and functionality included. Without further ado, here’s how you can flash CWM recovery on the LG Optimus G Pro F240.
How to Install CWM Recovery on the LG Optimus G Pro F240
- Before you begin, make sure you have rooted your device, You can refer to our guide on How to Root the LG Optimus G Pro F240
- Download the CWM Recovery Package to your PC. You would need to register at the linked forum to be able to download the file.
- Extract the downloaded zip file to your desktop. You should get a folder with a file named lte2jbrecovery.apk
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB cable and transfer the APK file from Step 3 to the internal storage memory on your phone
- On your phone, use a file explorer like Astro or ES File Explorer
to locate the APK file you just transferred to the device in Step 4
- Tap on the lte2jbrecovery.apk file to install the app on your phone
- Once installed, launch the app from your App Drawer
- First tap on 2nd-init Recovery
- Next tap on Reboot Recovery
- Your device should now reboot and you should be presented with the familiar CWM Recovery Main Menu.
Congratulations!! You now have access to CWM recovery on your rooted Optimus G Pro F240. Enjoy!! 🙂