LG G4 is undoubtedly a marvelous device which has seen quite a huge amount of love especially in terms of its after market development. Developers have finally started to appreciate the effort LG has put in making their flagship device and as a result, every customization step has been streamlined to almost perfection and made as easy as possible. To showcase this, today we will teach you how to install a TWRP custom recovery on LG G4.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages done to your device either during or after the process, please proceed at your own risk. If anything does go wrong, do remember you can always restore your device to stock firmware by using a KDZ file.
Prerequisites: You will be required to have
- A Rooted LG G4
- A Custom File Explorer (not mandatory)
- Download an app called Flashify from the Play Store and Install it on your phone
- Download TWRP custom recovery image for LG G4 from here (Remember to only install the recovery for your particular MODEL)
- If you want to make things easier, you can always use a file explorer to move the downloaded file to a more accessible location
- Open Flashify App and grant it root permissions. If you fail to do so, simply rerun the app or fix it by opening SuperSU
- Tap Install Recovery followed by tapping Choose a File
- Choose the Downloaded TWRP custom recovery image you downloaded.
- Tap Flash and wait for it to complete
- Once done, simply tap Reboot and wait for your device to boot into TeamWin Custom Recovery
That’s it, you have successfully managed to flash TWRP Custom Recovery on LG G4. We recommend that you make a backup of everything in TWRP before you start to flash any custom ROMs. Also remember, to boot out the recovery simply tap Reboot followed by tapping reboot system.