The Nexus 5X was just recently released by Google and quite honestly is not a shabby device by any means. However, as with all Nexus devices, the smartphone just performs that much better once it is rooted and is running custom mods. The first step in doing that is getting a custom recovery and this is why we are proud to be the bearer of amazing news as TWRP has just released an official build of their recovery for the Nexus 5X. So, if you’re looking for a way to flash the recovery onto your device, just follow the guide below.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process. Please proceed at your own risk. Also, do remember that this process will involve a data wipe and the recovery does NOT support data decryption at this point.
You are required to have
- An unlocked bootloader (can be done after enabling OEM UNLOCK option in the Developer Options and then using the command: “fastboot oem unlock” while in fastboot mode).
- The TWRP Custom Recovery for Nexus 5X (Click Here)
- ADB & Fastboot Installed on your Computer
- USB Debugging Enabled
- Place the downloaded TWRP image file in the folder containing fastboot binaries and rename it to recovery.img
- Open a CMD window in that folder and type: “adb reboot bootloader” after connecting the phone to the computer to make your phone boot into its bootloader
- Type: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- Type: “fastboot reboot” to make your device reboot.
- You can boot into recovery either by using the hardware keys or by using the command: “adb reboot recovery” once the phone is back on home screen.
That’s it, you will now have a custom TWRP recovery on your Nexus 5X. Have fun and if you face any errors, just contact us by posting in the comment section below.