One thing which really gets on my nerves is the amount of bloatware OEMs include in their stock ROMs. While sure, there are people out there who use some of the apps that I may regard as bloatware but let’s face it, they are only a few of them in number. Perhaps that is why I always like to have a custom ROM installed on my device. However, I do understand that not all custom ROMs are as stable as a stock one so a middle ground for this predicament will be to have a software that can remove all the bloatware from your phone and allow you to run even the stock ROM without having to worry about your phone being over cluttered.
This is where Speedy Droid especially designed for Sony Xpera SP comes in. Just as the name suggests, Speedy Droid is a software that allows your phone to run faster. With options to selectively remove features you don’t use on your device, it also lets you backup your contacts, messages etc. as well. So, if you’re looking for a device that is able to make your Sony Xperia smartphone faster, you should look no further. The whole thing is real easy to set up and you can get started by following the step by step guide given below.
Prerequisites: You will require a custom recovery installed on your phone. It doesn’t matter if you’re running a stock or a custom ROM as the software works with both.
- Download Speedy Droid v5.5 from here.
- Copy it to your phone’s SD card
- Boot into your device’s custom recovery either manually or by using “adb reboot recovery”
- Flash the .zip file as an update.
- This will launch the AROMA installer, from there you can simply select the things you want to do and after that reboot your device.
- Do remember that the Super Mode will allow your phone to have stock options whereas the Custom Mode will allow you to select the features and options you want to keep.
So what are you waiting for? Rid your device of all that unwanted software now.