Galaxy Mega fades in comparison in front of the company’s latest S4 and Note 3 series but it still is quite a good set especially if you are tired of using phone’s in the mid-price range and want to upgrade a little without spending too much cash. If you do own a Samsung Galaxy Mega SGH-i527M, today I will be teaching you how you can root it and install CWM on it.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process. Kindly, do read the guide fully before implementing the steps on your device.
Prerequisites: You must have an unlocked bootloader (which can be a bit of task especially if you are using a US variant of the device) along with ODIN v3.09 to make this method work (download link).
- Go to download mode by pressing vol down + home + power keys and connect your phone to the PC
- Download CWM Custom Recovery from here and place it in an easily accessible location on your PC
- Launch Odin v3.09
- Make sure that in Odin the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time Checkboxes are selected; uncheck the Re-Partition along with other options.
- Click the AP button and browse to where you placed recovery.tar.md5 (CWM file that you downloaded in step number 2).
- Hit Start and Wait.
- Your phone should reboot after a little while. Now it’s time we get your phone rooted.
- Download SuperSU zip file from here and put it on your phone’s SD card.
- Boot into recovery and install the zip through the appropriate option in your custom recovery (if you installed CWM from above, the said option will be flash zip files from SD card).
Odin v3.09 Download Link: Click Here
CWM Touch Recovery Download Link: Click Here
SuperSU.zip Download Link: Click here
Guide Courtesy of: XDA Developers