HTC A9 has been available in the market for quite some time now. Unlike other HTC devices, this device however, didn’t have a root method and how things were proceeding, it seemed like that will remain the case. That has finally changed thanks to the efforts of JCase, an infamous XDA Developer who was behind several LG based root exploits in the past. So, if you do own a HTC A9, praise jCase as you can finally root HTC A9 by following the guide given below.
Disclaimer: We (as well as the developer of this exploit) takes no responsibility for any damages done to your device either during or after the process, please proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will require
- ADB & Fastboot set up on your Computer
- USB Debugging enabled on your device
- Your device’s drivers installed on your computer
- Unlocked bootloader from HTC Dev.
- Download the file that matches your device’s build number (Settings>About Device>Software Information>More). For AT&T: 635081.3 (click here); for EE: 635503.7 (click here); for Unlocked: 639737.5 (click here) and extract the file in the folder containing adb & fastboot binaries
- Download Su.zip from here and extract in the folder containing adb & fastboot binaries
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery for HTC A9 from here and place it in the same folder as above
- Open a CMD window in the aforementioned folder
- Type: “adb reboot download” after connection your device to the computer
- Type: “fastboot flash boot <bootimagename.img>” to flash the modified bootloader image to the phone
- Do a factory reset either by booting into the device’s stock recovery or by using fastboot (commands: “fastboot erase cache”, “fastboot erase userdata”)
- Type: “fastboot flash recovery recovery-name.img” to flash the custom recovery to your phone
- Boot into the custom recovery directly by holding power+home+vol. Up keys.
- Check if /data is mounted in “Advanced>Mount”
- Type: “adb push su.img /data/su.img”
- Reboot Phone
- Install SuperSU
That’s it, you will now have successfully managed to root HTC A9 with ease.