While Huawei smart phones aren’t really that much popular in the US market, we do run across that one unusual user who happens to own one. This guide is for those unusual users. The phone in question which I shall be teaching you how to root is Huawei Ascend P6 and it isn’t really that bad of a set. In fact it is one of the flagship devices of the company and packs a full HD display running on a 1.5 GHz Quadcore processor. The rest of the specs of the device aren’t too shabby either and a rooted Ascend P6 can certainly stand a ground on its own.
Now, I know there are several methods to root the Ascend P6; we will be adapting a real easy technique.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process.
Prerequisites: Before starting, you will need to have your phone’s latest drivers installed in your computer. Apart from that, you won’t really need anything else.
- After installing your phone’s drivers, download this file from here
- Enable USB debugging by going into your Settings>About and tapping the build number till a secret menu appears.
- Connect your phone to your computer in MTP mode (you can do so by selecting it from the notification tray after you connect your phone to the computer)
- Launch ERoot.exe file after making sure that Hi-Suite is closed.
- Wait for your device to be recognized
- Click “Root” and let the program handle the rest (even though many of you might have no idea what’s going on).The transaction will be completed when the four steps have been completed.
- That’s about it, you can download any rooting checking app from the Play Store to check if you have root privileges or not.
Happy rooting everybody.
Software Download Link: Click here
Guide Courtesy of: XDA Developers