The LG G4 is truly a marvelous device in all sense of the word. With its top of the line hardware and near to stock ROM, there aren’t many devices that come close to it in terms of processing. Those of which do, can certainly be beaten if you’re willing to go the extra mile by rooting your phone and unlocking its full power. So, if you’re looking to do that, today is your lucky day as we will teach you how to root your LG G4 in the quickest way possible.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process, please proceed at your own risk.
- Download this file and extract it
- Go to this link, locate your device and download the corresponding firmware file. Don’t close the link! We will come back to it in a bit again
- Once the file is downloaded, extract the folder till you get a .img file (you would have to do it twice if you’re using 7zip and once if you’re using WinRar).
- Remove your phone’s SD card and place the .img file in your phone’s internal memory
- Now disconnect your phone from the computer, turn it off.
- Connect your off phone to the PC while holding the volume UP key. This will enable Download Mode on the phone.
- Wait for the computer to fully pick up the device and then open a file called Ports.bat which can be found in the first folder you downloaded called LG_Root
- Look for the port with the suffix DIAG1 and note which COM it is on.
- Now open a CMD window in the LG_Root folder and type: “Send_Command.exe \\.\COMX” replace X with the DIAG1 port number.
- A # will appear, now go to the link we had you open in the second step and CAREFULLY copy the command corresponding to your model number. Paste the copied DD command in the CMD window next to # sign and press enter. Wait for the process to finish
- Once it completes, you will see the blinking cursor next to # sign. At this time, type: “LEAVE” (all caps) to reboot your phone
Voila, that’s all, you will now have a fully rooted LG G4 on your hands.