Now I know there are a number of ways to go when you want to root your LG Nitro HD, the most famous of them being by using SuperOneClick. These methods may work for a lot of users but every now and then, you do come across a little trouble especially while using SuperOneClick. So, here is a manual method to root your phone courtesy of XDA Developers (burningembers).
- Download and install LG phone drivers and adb file into your computer
- Enable USB Debugging and Installation from Unknown Sources options in the settings of your phone
- Download the ZergRush files from here and place them next to the adb file.
- Run the adb file and put in these lines of codes in the CMD prompt or terminal (depending upon your OS)
adb push busybox /data/local
adb push zergRush /data/local
adb push su /data/local
adb push Superuser.apk /data/local
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/busybox
adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/zergRush
adb shell chmod 644 /data/local/Superuser.apk
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/boomsh
adb shell rm /data/local/tmp/sh
adb shell ./data/local/zergRush
- After doing all of this, if by any chance you see a message somewhat like “Bad Luck, our rush didn’t succeed” then type in the command “adb shell ./data/local/zergRush” again without the quotation marks
- Chances are now you will see the following messages on your screen “[+] Rush did it ! It’s a GG, man !
[+] Killing ADB and restarting as root… enjoy!”
- Now comes the hard part, start typing these lines as they are and press enter (I know, it’s a lot of work but hey this is after all the manual process of rooting your phone)
mount -o remount,rw -t ext4 /dev/block/mmcblk0p27 /system
./data/local/busybox cp /data/local/su /system/xbin/su
chown 0:0 /system/xbin/su
chmod 6755 /system/xbin/su
ln -s /system/xbin/su /system/bin/su
./data/local/busybox cp /data/local/busybox /system/xbin/busybox
chown 0:0 /system/xbin/busybox
chmod 6755 /system/xbin/busybox
ln -s /system/xbin/busybox /system/bin/busybox
./data/local/busybox mv /data/local/Superuser.apk /system/xbin/Superuser.apk
There you go folks enjoy your rooted LG Nitro HD phone. Happy Rooting everyone.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility if you manage to damage your phone during the rooting process.