Moto E 4G/LTE 2014 is quite possibly one of the best mid ranged device available in the market as of this moment. With its stable performance and near to stock Android firmware, it surely manages to give a lot of devices a run for their money. However, if you feel that your phone is lagging a bit behind and you want to unlock its full potential, we recommend that you root the device and get rid of anything that might be slowing you down.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process, please proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will require USB Debugging enabled on your phone, ADB & Fastboot as well as the Motorola USB drivers installed on your computer and an unlocked bootloader (if you don’t have one, go here and first unlock your phone’s bootloader).
- Download TWRP custom recovery for your Moto E 4G/LTE from here and place it in the folder containing adb and fastboot binaries
- Download Update-SuperSU-v2.46.zip from here and place it on your phone’s external memory. If you don’t have a SD card, just place it on your phone’s internal memory
- Open a CMD window in the folder containing fastboot and adb binaries and type: “adb reboot bootloader”
- Now boot into TWRP Recovery directly without flashing it as quite often making the recovery stick is a daunting task by typing: “fastboot boot recovery.img”
- Tap Install and find the Update-SuperSU-v2.46.zip file and swipe where it asks to confirm installation
- Tap Reboot System once the flashing has been done to reboot back to home screen
Voila, that’s it; you will now have a rooted Moto E 4G/LTE 2014. If you have any questions, just ask in the comment section below.