Just a couple of days we talked about the mystical OnePlus device that had appeared on the Chinese Weibo page. Well, a lot has happened since then and that device has finally been unveiled as the OnePlus X. The phone packs decent hardware for its price tag and is a worthy contender in the mid price range. Up till now, only a handful people have gotten their hands on the device, if you’re one of the few lucky ones, your luck has just doubled as you will now be able to root OnePlus X with ease with our guide below.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages done to your device either during or after the process, please proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will be required to have
- Open a CMD window in the folder containing adb and fastboot binaries after connecting your phone to the computer
- Type: “Adb reboot bootloader” to boot into the bootloader
- Unlock the bootloader by typing: “Fastboot oem unlock”. Phone will reboot and you will have an unlocked bootloader on your OnePlus X
- Do the initial setup and re-enable USB debugging again.
- Boot into the booloader by using “adb reboot bootloader” again
- Download TWRP (unofficial) from here and SuperSU from here and put them in the folder containing the fastboot and adb binaries
- Place the downloaded TWRP in the fastboot folder and type: “fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-image-name.img” to flash the custom recovery to the phone
- Boot into the recovery by using the command: “fastboot boot twrp-recovery-image-name.img”
- Tap Advanced>adb Sideload and swipe where it says to begin sideloading
- Type: “adb sideload Update-SuperSU-v2.46.zip” to flash SuperSU to your phone
- Once flash is complete, tap reboot system
That’s it, you have successfully managed to root OnePlus X with ease.