The Ascend G600 is a mind-range Android device from Huawei. It features a 4.5-inch IPS LCS qHD (960 x 540) display, a 1.2GHz dual-core processor coupled with 768MB of RAM, 4GB of onboard storage along with a MicroSD card slot for memory expansion, an 8 Megapixel camera with auto-focus, and Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich on board.
If you happen to have grabbed one of these and are now looking for a safe and easy way to regain root access, you are in just the right place. Here’s a detailed step by step guide which will take you through the process of rooting the Huawei Ascend G600. The process involves first flashing a recovery image and then flashing the root package via recovery.
How To Root the Huawei Ascend G600
- You need to first unlock the bootloader on your phone before proceeding with this guide. You can do so through via the official Huawei Bootloader Unlock page
- Install the necessary ADB drivers for your device.
- Download the custom recovery package and the root package to your PC
- Transfer the Root.zip file to the root of the phone SD Card
- Extract the U8950D_Mssff_touch_recovery.7z file to your desktop
- Enable SUB debugging on your phone
- Power off the phone and reboot to Fastboot mode. To do this, Hold the Power and Volume Down keys for at least 10 seconds to enter fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable
- From the extracted ‘U8950D_Mssff_touch_recovery.7z’ archive, run the ‘flash_RECOVERY.bat’ script by double-clicking the file. A terminal should open and show the fastboot commands flashing the recovery to your phone.
- Once done your phone should reboot automatically
- Disconnect your phone and reboot to recovery. To do so, Hold the Power and Volume UP keys for at least 10 seconds. Your phone will enter recovery mode.
- Choose “install zip from sdcard“, then select “choose zip from sdcard“
- Select “root.zip“, and confirm “Yes” to install
- Once completed, select “reboot system now“
That’s it then. Once your phone reboots into Android, you should find the Superuser app in your app drawer. Launch it and update the binaries if prompted. Enjoy your rooted Ascend G600 🙂