Well while we still don’t have a perfect custom recovery available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, we do have other methods to obtain root for a device that utilize the stock recovery. Now, I know most of you would like to wait for the custom recovery to get stable but if you’re somewhat impatient like me, this method will work wonders for your root cravings.
Now, do remember this method is for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0” and will install the UK firmware on your device, so if you have doubts if that will make you any less patriotic my advice would be to walk away right now.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process. So proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will require Odin (click here) installed on your computer along with the USB drivers for your tablet.
- Download the firmware from here
- Boot into download mode either by restarting your device by pressing power + vol. down or by doing “adb reboot download”.
- Start Odin and click on PDA and find prerooted.tar.md5
- Make sure Re-Partition is NOT checked. THIS IS IMPORTANT, if you don’t do this you will get an instant bricked device.
- Click start and wait, your tablet will automatically reboot into recovery and finish installing.
- Once done just open the SuperSU app from your app drawer and update the binaries by choosing the option other than CWM.
Well, that’s about it you will now a rooted Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0” at your disposal. Now, at any time if you wish to remove the root privileges from your device for any reason, you can download the stock UK firmware from here and flash it by following the above method. Happy rooting everybody.