Unbricking a smart phone can somewhat be an overwhelming experience for the newer users. However, with a bit of perseverance and patience almost all flagship soft bricked devices can be brought back to life. So, if you own a bricked Xperia device, today is your lucky day as we will teach you just how to unbrick a Sony Xperia device.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages done to your device either during or after the process, please proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You are required to have
- Adb & Fastboot installed and set up on your computer
- Download the Sony Xperia Flashtool from here and install it
- Run Emma from your computer
- Turn off your phone and connect it to the computer while holding the vol. down key
- Emma will automatically detect your phone and display all possible firmwares available for your phone
- Simply select the one you want to flash and click Apply Services button in the tool.
- After the reflash, disconnect your phone and turn it on
- Voila, you have just learnt how to unbrick a Sony Xperia device.
If the above method doesn’t work for you, there is another way
- Download this Xperia Flashtool and install it.
- Open the drivers folder and install the appropriate drivers for your phone
- Connect your phone in download mode by turning it off and connecting it while holding the vol. down key
- Search and locate a valid .ftf file for your specific phone (Google it and look for XDA developer links).
- Place the .ftf file in Firmwares folder in the Flashtool folder.
- Simply, click the lightning button on the top in the Flashtool and select the appropriate .ftf file and wait for the flash to finish.
Voila, you will now have an unbricked Sony Xperia device.