LG is slowly making a reputation for itself as one of the best Android phone manufacturers who just love to take care of their customers with amazing hardware and prompt software updates. The fact that they have already begun pushing Android 6.0 update to their devices only strengthens the previous statement. Yes, as of this moment Android 6.0 has started to roll out for the Sprint variant of LG G4. If you’re someone who doesn’t want to wait for the OTA to be made available to your device and rather flash a TOT file to upgrade LG G4 to Android M then just follow our simple guide below.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages done to your device either during or after the process. Please proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You will require
- LG Phone Drivers installed on your computer
- The TOT File for Android M. THIS IS ONLY FOR THE SPRINT VARIANT OF THE DEVICE! DO NOT TRY ON ANY OTHER DEVICE!
- 7-Zip or WinRar installed on your computer
- Extract the downloaded TOT file to an accessible location on your PC
- Download the new LG TOT flashing tool called LGUP from here and install it on your computer
- Boot your phone into download mode by turning it off and connecting it to the computer while holding the vol. UP button
- Run LGUP and select your phone model. If it doesn’t appear there or fails to recognize your device, close LGUP, disconnect device, make sure device drivers are properly installed and begin from Step 3 again.
- click the Upgrade button
- Select the TOT file you downloaded from the prerequisites
- Hit Start and wait.
- That’s it. If for some reason that LGUP tool doesn’t do a data wipe and it is causing problems, you can simply boot into stock recovery while booting up and do a factory reset to fix all those issues
That’s it, you have successfully managed to upgrade LG G4 to Android M.