Android 4.3 KitKat is being released for quite a few devices ever since it was released. These devices include the flagship devices for 2013 such as the HTC One, Galaxy S4, Note 3, Nexus 5 etc. as well as smaller and cheaper devices. The new firmware is so important that it we are even seeing leaks of the Android 4.3 update for devices such as Sony Xperia SP. So if you do want to install Android 4.3 on Sony Xperia SP, then just follow the guide given below.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the installation of Android 4.3 on Sony Xperia SP. Also do remember that this is a leaked version of the ROM and may very well contain some bugs and features that might not work.
Prerequisites: You will require an unlocked bootloader as well as a custom recovery installed on your Xperia SP. Your device should be running on the stock .253/.254 JB ROM or ROMs which are based on them. Also in order to install Android 4.3 on Sony Xperia SP, you will require Android SDK (namely fastboot and adb) installed on your computer.
- Download the ROM from here and save it on your SD card.
- Make a backup for everything on your computer, just in case if things go awry and you manage to wipe out your SD card in the process as well.
- Reboot the device into recovery either manually (restart while pressing the power and vol. up button) or via adb (by using the command: “adb reboot recovery”).
- Flash the ROM from the recovery by selecting the install update from SD card option.
- Reboot your device (yes, you don’t need to do a data wipe).
- Download the kernel from here and place it in the folder which contains adb and fastboot.
- After the boot is done, restart your device into its bootloader either manually (restart while pressing the power and vol. down key) or via adb (by using the command: “adb reboot bootloader”)
- Flash the kernel to boot partition by using the command “fastboot flash boot kernel.elf”
- Reboot by using the command “fastboot reboot”
Now, technically the ROM contains its very own SuperSU and busybox but it is kind of buggy. So if you want to root your device properly just follow the simply steps given below
- Download the latest SuperSU update.zip from here
- Save it on your SD card and boot into your phone’s recovery
- Flash the .zip file by selecting the “install file from SD card” option in your recovery.
That’s it you have successfully managed to install Android 4.3 on Sony Xperia SP along with gaining proper root privileges to your device in the process as well. Happy updating everybody.