Anyone who has ever tried to do any “after market” software customization to their device knows the importance of a custom recovery. In laymen terms, a custom recovery basically allows you to flash in custom mods, ROMs, updates and in many cases even binaries that allow you to root your phone. While in theory there can be limitless recoveries, the two most popularly used in any Android device have to be CWM and TWRP custom recoveries. So in order for all Android newbies to learn the ropes, today we shall be discussing how you can install a TWRP recovery in Galaxy Grand.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process. So proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: In order to flash in the TWRP recovery in Galaxy Grand, you must have Android SDK installed on your computer (to be more specific, you need adb and fastboot).
- Download the recovery from here
- Extract the file to the same folder which contains adb and fastboot (usually found in Program Files\Android SDK\Platform Tools) and open a command prompt window with admin privileges in that folder.
- Connect your phone to the computer and reboot it to its bootloader by typing in the following command: “adb reboot bootloader”
- Now flash in the TWRP recovery in Galaxy Grand by simply typing the command “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”
- Wait for the recovery to be flashed on to your phone, after which simply reboot your phone from the bootloader.
- That’s it you’re all done with installing the TWRP custom recovery on to your Samsung Galaxy Grand. Remember you can boot into the recovery at any time by using the adb command “adb reboot recovery” whenever you feel like flashing in a new ROM or a mod etc.
Well what are you waiting for people? Go put TWRP recovery in Galaxy Grand. Happy flashing everybody.