One thing that really grinds my gears is the amount of time it takes cellular providers to dish out specific firmware upgrades. I mean it’s been weeks since the release of Android 4.4.2 and there are still devices out there are that are more than capable of running KitKat but they still are stuck on Jelly Bean upgrades. The most notable example has to be of AT&T’s Galaxy Active. While for many it is still stuck on Android 4.2, there are some people who are rejoicing as thanks to an OTA update for AT&T Galaxy Active the phone has finally switched its firmware to Android 4.3. So if you’re a person that is looking for the OTA update for AT&T Galaxy Active and can’t wait, just follow the simple guide below.
Disclaimer: We take no responsibility for any damages that might be done to your device either during or after the process so proceed at your own risk.
Prerequisites: You must have a rooted device in order to pull off this update along with a root manager app like ES File Manager or Root Browser etc.
- Download the OTA update for AT&T Galaxy Active from here
- Copy the downloaded file to your device’s internal storage.
- Using the root manager app of your choice now copy the .cfg file from internal storage to /data/fota
- Make sure you have KNOXAgent.apk and wssyncmldm.apk in /system/app for the OTA to be applied properly. A lot of people either changed the name, deleted, or moved the apk for rooting purposes.
- If you have by any chance replaced Knox and wssync, you MUST reboot for effects to take place.
- Go to Settings>More>About Device>Software Updates>Continue Update to apply the OTA update for AT&T Galaxy Active.
Well that’s about it folks, you will now have the official OTA update for AT&T Galaxy Active installed on your phone but do remember that installing this update will make you lose your root privileges.